Associate | Litigation Department
Mrs. Doris M. Gongón-Colón is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation Department. Before joining the Firm on March 2014, Mrs. Gongón-Colón began her vocation as Student Law Clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review at Miami Immigration Court (2007); and the Federal District Court of Puerto Rico for the Magistrate Judge Marcos E. López. (2008). In 2009, Mrs. Gongón-Colón initiated her career as Law Clerk for the Court of First Instance, Superior Court of San Juan where she was awarded with a recognition by the Administrative Court Judge for having drafted the most Resolutions in fiscal years 2011 and 2012. Mrs. Gongón-Colón later then worked for two (2) different panels at the Puerto Rico Court of Appeals with the following Magistrate Judges: Judge Cabán García, Judge Cintrón Cintrón, Judge Nieves Figueroa, Judge Hernández-Serrano and Judge Brau Ramírez, where she prepared drafts of opinions and performed legal memoranda.
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras (B.A. Information and Journalism 2005, Magna Cum Laude)
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson (Exchange Student Program, Spring 2007)
- University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, Rio Píedras (J.D., 2008)
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (2009)
- United Stated District Court of Puerto Rico (2010)
- Fully bilingual in Spanish, English and French.