Shareholder | Litigation Department
Mr. Fernando J. Fornaris-Fernández is a trial attorney and Shareholder of the Firm. Mr. Fornaris is the current Director of the firm’s Litigation Department. He joined the Firm in 1987, and his practice focuses on complex civil litigation matters in a wide variety of legal claims in such areas as: product liability, personal injury, insurance coverage, medical malpractice, commercial distributors, construction and bond disputes, and creditor’s rights, among others.
A significant portion of Mr. Fornaris-Fernández’ practice is before the federal courts, where he has successfully represented clients in various high profile complex litigation cases involving multiparty, and multi-claim cases such as the Puerto Rico North Super Aqueduct case, the Humberto Vidal Store gas explosion, and the Dupont Plaza Hotel fire. He has also successfully represented clients in appellate matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, the Court of Appeals for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico courts, and the Supreme Court of Puerto Rico.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Fornaris-Fernández worked as an associate with the San Juan law firm, Woods & Woods, and latter as a Staff Attorney for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Catholic University of Puerto Rico, Ponce, P.R., J.D., Cum Laude, 1980
- Boston College, Chesnutt Hill, MA, B.A. , Cum Laude, 1976
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- English and Spanish