Non-Equity Partner | Educational Law, Labor Law & General Civil Practice Department
Ms. Melissa López-Díaz is an Non-Equity Partner with the Firm’s Educational Law & General Civil Law Department. She is a member of the Firm’s Strategic Planning Committee.
Ms. López-Díaz practice includes general civil litigation, concentrating in constitutional law, torts, labor law and administrative proceedings. She also provides counseling and representation to several clients in all kind of civil litigation procedures, including appellate procedures and writs of certiorari to the Puerto Rico Appellate Court and the Puerto Rico Supreme Court.
In addition, Ms. López-Díaz has represented, with favorable results, local private universities and higher-learning institutions.
Upon joining the Firm in 2003, Ms. López-Díaz participated in representing major international pharmaceutical companies in complex litigation before the federal courts, where she was exposed to local and federal laws and regulations on product liability claims.
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, P.R., 2002
- Emmanuel College, Boston, MA, Magna Cum Laude, 1996
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Association of Notaries of Puerto Rico
- English and Spanish